Huntingdon company VIP Polymers sign up as Two Wheels for Woodlands charity bike ride
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon manufacturer VIP Polymers has become the fourth sponsor for Two Wheels for Woodlands.
The Windover Road firm is helping to boost the amount of money that will be donated to the Woodlands Cancer Centre, at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
VIP Polymers joins main sponsor St Ives-based Move with Us and silver sponsors Luminus and Circle, which operates the Huntingdon hospital, in supporting the bike ride.
VIP Polymers managing director John Millar said: “We are delighted to be able to help and support such a worthy cause.
“This illness is close to many people’s hearts and we are happy to be involved in supporting the community in events like these.”
You may also want to watch:
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale said: “We are extremely pleased to have VIP Polymers as a sponsor. We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of Huntingdonshire’s businesses and residents alike.
“Every single pound helps Woodlands edge closer to its £800,000 goal to pay for an extension, so the more support we get from businesses and residents, the better it will be for the people we know who are fighting cancer.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
More than 200 people have signed up for the 100, 60 and 30-mile routes, with a 26-strong team from Luminus and a team of four from Kimbolton company Beacon Wealth Management preparing to tackle the challenge to raise money.
Companies wishing to sponsor Two Wheels for Woodlands should email firstname.lastname@example.org.