Huntingdon Carnival set for another record breaking year
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to flock to the annual Huntingdon Carnival and Live in the Park event this weekend, with organisers promising it will be “even bigger and better” this year.
The carnival parade will assemble in the market square at noon on Saturday before making its way along Princes Street, St Mary's Street and Hartford Road to the Riverside Park.
The carnival day will include a fun fair, food stalls, arena acts, bands and a licensed bar. Entry to the event is free.
Live in the Park, sponsored by HCR104fm, at Riverside Park, also starts at noon on Sunday and will feature an afternoon of live music and entertainment,
Music from local bands will be playing throughout the day from the JPS sound stage and the event will also be broadcast live by Huntingdon Community Radio (HCRfm).
There will also be a spitfire flypast on Saturday at 12.15pm, alongside a Dakota flypast at 3pm on Sunday to commemorate the D Day landings.
For more information visit: www.huntingdoncarnival.co.uk.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates