Huntingdon Carnival set for another record breaking year
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to flock to the annual Huntingdon Carnival and Live in the Park event this weekend, with organisers promising it will be “even bigger and better” this year.
The carnival parade will assemble in the market square at noon on Saturday before making its way along Princes Street, St Mary's Street and Hartford Road to the Riverside Park.
The carnival day will include a fun fair, food stalls, arena acts, bands and a licensed bar. Entry to the event is free.
Live in the Park, sponsored by HCR104fm, at Riverside Park, also starts at noon on Sunday and will feature an afternoon of live music and entertainment,
Music from local bands will be playing throughout the day from the JPS sound stage and the event will also be broadcast live by Huntingdon Community Radio (HCRfm).
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a spitfire flypast on Saturday at 12.15pm, alongside a Dakota flypast at 3pm on Sunday to commemorate the D Day landings.
For more information visit: www.huntingdoncarnival.co.uk.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan