Could you be the ‘face’ of this year’s Huntingdon Carnival?
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Carnival is seeking nominations to find this year’s ‘face of the festivities’.
With a month to go before the big weekend, organisers are welcoming suggestions for those who have made a valuable contribution to the community.
The call comes after organisers struggled to find volunteers to be Carnival Queen or King.
"Perhaps the idea is outdated nowadays," said Bill Hensley, who revived the annual celebration three years ago during his time as the mayor of Huntingdon.
"We'd like to hear about anyone who has gone above and beyond the call of duty," Mr Hensley added.
Three themes have been chosen for this year's event: the circus, old movies and superheroes; although the committee has requested no participants dress as clowns.
Live music, a selection of stalls and rides, and Spitfire and Dakota flypasts are expected to feature as part of carnival weekend, on August 10-11.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
Expressions of interest and further information about the Huntingdon Carnival should be made to Bill by calling 07767 823424 or e-mailing email@example.com.