Could you be the ‘face’ of this year’s Huntingdon Carnival?
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Carnival is seeking nominations to find this year’s ‘face of the festivities’.
With a month to go before the big weekend, organisers are welcoming suggestions for those who have made a valuable contribution to the community.
The call comes after organisers struggled to find volunteers to be Carnival Queen or King.
"Perhaps the idea is outdated nowadays," said Bill Hensley, who revived the annual celebration three years ago during his time as the mayor of Huntingdon.
"We'd like to hear about anyone who has gone above and beyond the call of duty," Mr Hensley added.
Three themes have been chosen for this year's event: the circus, old movies and superheroes; although the committee has requested no participants dress as clowns.
Live music, a selection of stalls and rides, and Spitfire and Dakota flypasts are expected to feature as part of carnival weekend, on August 10-11.
- 1 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 2 St Neots man who put 'fear into the lives' of his victims is jailed
- 3 John Caldwell names as new president of rotary club
- 4 Jail for St Neots man described as 'exceptionally dangerous'
- 5 Man sentenced after DNA found on drugs in a Huntingdon home
- 6 Huntingdon and Godmanchester celebrate 40-year twinning anniversary in Germany
- 7 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 8 Public advised to "use water wisely" after driest July since 1935
- 9 Editor Debbie Davies writes about her experience in Soham 20 years ago
- 10 Rotary club donates more than £1,100 to police boxing club
Expressions of interest and further information about the Huntingdon Carnival should be made to Bill by calling 07767 823424 or e-mailing email@example.com.