Huntingdon Carnival and Live Park 2020 has been cancelled
- Credit: Bill Hensley
Event manager Ray Godby said: “It is very disappointing that we have had to come to this decision.”
The organisers of this summer’s Huntingdon Carnival and Live in the Park have announced they are cancelling this year’s event due to concerns around the pandemic.
The committee says it has made the decision “reluctantly” as coronavirus restrictions would have been in place on August 10 and 11, making it impossible to hold the event.
Event manager Ray Godby said: “It is very disappointing that we have had to come to this decision.
“We already had a fantastic event organised including a fly-past on both days by a memorial flight spitfire.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Bill Hensley said: “It is a shame after the hard work put in by the committee, but we are already working on next year’s event which will be better than ever, this will take place on August 7/8. 2021.”
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 10 Barley Mow pub in Hartford to open on Friday