A weekend of fun and festivities as carnival returns
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people descended on Huntingdon at the weekend to enjoy two days of fun and festivities.
The fourth Huntingdon Carnival started with a colourful parade on Saturday before revellers were treated to a host of stalls, games, rides, and demonstrations in Riverside Park.
The following day, live music acts took to the stage for the return of the Live in the Park festival, with a range of local acts performing for audiences.
Bill Hensley, the Huntingdon Carnival chairman, said: "Despite a bit of a breeze on Saturday, the Huntingdon Carnival had a fourth successful year. The parade went off without a hitch, with about 200 people parading through the streets of Huntingdon and making their way to the Riverside Park led by the Caledonian Pipe Band.
"The arena was full of acts, as was the stage on Sunday, and all was broadcast 'live' on HCR104fm. I would like to thank all of the carnival committee and everyone who helped at the weekend for all their hard work, and we now need to get started planning for 2020.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like to help organise the 2020 carnival, or join the committee, contact Bill Hensley on 07767 823424.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'