Huntingdon caretaker takes on hair-raising challenge!
- Credit: Archant
His family and colleagues had never seen him without his moustache but Roy Chandler has become a smooth operator after having it shaved off for charity.
The Huntingdon Town Hall caretaker decided to take the plunge and have his moustache shaved off along with having his chest hair waxed.
He said: “I did enjoy it; it actually didn’t hurt like I thought it would.”
The 53-year-old, from Oxmoor, underwent the waxing at the Salon de Belleza, in Mayfield Road, Hartford last Thursday.
“All the team were really supportive, they told me that they would stop if it hurt but it didn’t.”
You may also want to watch:
Roy has found that his moustache is already growing back and he has assured everyone that he will not be doing it again.
The £700 that Roy has raised will go to the Mayor of Huntingdon’s charities and the Moor Café Shop.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'