Huntingdon-based housing provider Luminus reveals name change
- Credit: Archant
Housing provider Luminus, part of the Places for People Group, has changed its name to Chorus Homes in an effort to “reflect its focus on delivering homes across the East of England”.
The Huntingdon-based business has also launched a new website and is working with customers to bring forward a wider range of on-line services.
The company's day-to-day operations - including its management of more than 7,600 homes across the region - will remain unaffected by the change, it has said.
The change of name officially came into effect from Monday.
Nigel Finney, managing director at Chorus Homes, said: "We are incredibly passionate about the work we do within our communities as we work with our residents on improving services and building much needed new homes for the region.
You may also want to watch:
It is important to us that we have a new name which reflects our desire to work together in the communities we serve.
"Collaboratively, we chose Chorus Homes as it embodies our ethos, it represents people coming together to create something with meaning and lasting value."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Along with the new brand, Chorus Homes staff came up with a new mission statement: 'Working together, creating great places to live'.
Chorus Homes is part of the Places for People Group, having joined the nationwide entity last year. It has since expanded its offering, supporting communities, and building many new homes across Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Luminus was founded in 2000, with the large-scale purchase of homes from Huntingdonshire District Council. Today, it serves more than 45,000 people across the region, and employs more than 250 staff.