Huntingdon-based housing provider Luminus reveals name change
- Credit: Archant
Housing provider Luminus, part of the Places for People Group, has changed its name to Chorus Homes in an effort to “reflect its focus on delivering homes across the East of England”.
The Huntingdon-based business has also launched a new website and is working with customers to bring forward a wider range of on-line services.
The company's day-to-day operations - including its management of more than 7,600 homes across the region - will remain unaffected by the change, it has said.
The change of name officially came into effect from Monday.
Nigel Finney, managing director at Chorus Homes, said: "We are incredibly passionate about the work we do within our communities as we work with our residents on improving services and building much needed new homes for the region.
It is important to us that we have a new name which reflects our desire to work together in the communities we serve.
"Collaboratively, we chose Chorus Homes as it embodies our ethos, it represents people coming together to create something with meaning and lasting value."
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
Along with the new brand, Chorus Homes staff came up with a new mission statement: 'Working together, creating great places to live'.
Chorus Homes is part of the Places for People Group, having joined the nationwide entity last year. It has since expanded its offering, supporting communities, and building many new homes across Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Luminus was founded in 2000, with the large-scale purchase of homes from Huntingdonshire District Council. Today, it serves more than 45,000 people across the region, and employs more than 250 staff.