Huntingdon athlete Louis Smith bares all for charity in the pages of Cosmopolitan
HUNTINGDON gymnast Louis Smith has bared all to raise money for research into male cancers by posing naked for the July issue of Cosmopolitan.
Louis agreed to the daring photo shoot in a bid to support the Everyman Appeal set up by The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), raising funds for its pioneering research.
He explained: “My body is the tool of my trade, so it’s massively important on so many levels. The only bit I don’t like is my feet – they’re too big! “I’m a size 11. I wasn’t nervous for this shoot – it’s for a great cause and I’ve had to wear a leotard for most of my life, so not much can faze me now.”
This is the 11th year that Cosmopolitan has partnered with Everyman. In every issue, a well-known male poses completely naked to raise awareness of testicular and prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in British men with 37,000 new cases diagnosed each year, while testicular cancer remains the most common cancer in men aged 15-44.
Louis joins fellow GB hopefuls, hockey player Conrad Williams, cyclist Ben Swift and diver Nick Robinson-Baker in the feature.
Previous centrefolds include Lenny Kravitz, Roger Moore, Ewan McGregor, Rupert Everett, Graham Norton, Jason Donovan, Eminem, Teddy Sheringham, Jack Osbourne, Ian Wright, Ronan Keating, Matt Dawson, and David James.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 4 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 5 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 6 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 7 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
INFORMATION: For more information visit www.everyman-appeal.org