Huntingdon athlete Louis Smith bares all for charity in the pages of Cosmopolitan
HUNTINGDON gymnast Louis Smith has bared all to raise money for research into male cancers by posing naked for the July issue of Cosmopolitan.
Louis agreed to the daring photo shoot in a bid to support the Everyman Appeal set up by The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), raising funds for its pioneering research.
He explained: “My body is the tool of my trade, so it’s massively important on so many levels. The only bit I don’t like is my feet – they’re too big! “I’m a size 11. I wasn’t nervous for this shoot – it’s for a great cause and I’ve had to wear a leotard for most of my life, so not much can faze me now.”
This is the 11th year that Cosmopolitan has partnered with Everyman. In every issue, a well-known male poses completely naked to raise awareness of testicular and prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in British men with 37,000 new cases diagnosed each year, while testicular cancer remains the most common cancer in men aged 15-44.
You may also want to watch:
Louis joins fellow GB hopefuls, hockey player Conrad Williams, cyclist Ben Swift and diver Nick Robinson-Baker in the feature.
Previous centrefolds include Lenny Kravitz, Roger Moore, Ewan McGregor, Rupert Everett, Graham Norton, Jason Donovan, Eminem, Teddy Sheringham, Jack Osbourne, Ian Wright, Ronan Keating, Matt Dawson, and David James.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
INFORMATION: For more information visit www.everyman-appeal.org