Hundreds turn out to enjoy Sawtry Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry was awash with colour on Saturday as hundreds gathered to be part of the village’s 12th annual carnival.
The event started at Sawtry Village Academy and saw a parade make its way through the streets, bringing this year’s theme - bright and jazzy - to life.
The theme, picked by pupils at Sawtry Junior Academy, saw those taking part dress up in their brightest clothes, with the winners of the Best Dressed Group award, the Sawtry Wine Makers, dressed as liquorice allsorts.
Sawtry Carnival chairman, Julia Keightly said: “We had a brilliant day, it was very well attended and we had such lovely weather for the whole day.”
During the afternoon there was live music from local bands and a performance by Zumba and line dancing groups.
You may also want to watch:
Local organisations also sold tasty treats, ran fair games and the day was finished off by band Man Alive.
The day was given the royal treatment with the carnival court of Sawtry and the carnival court of Corby both attending.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages