Hundreds of pounds raised at Ramsey church fete
- Credit: Archant
There was fun for all the family at the St Thomas a Becket Church Fete held in Ramsey.
Taking place on Abbey Green, the fete featured a host of stalls from community groups and charities, along with performances by the Urban Dance Academy and the Upwood Ukulele Group.
The fair took place on Saturday and was opened by Lady De Ramsey, along with the event’s dog show - which had a record number of entries this year.
Richard Hyde, committee member, said: “There was no end of stalls and entertainment for everyone to enjoy, it was great fun.”
As a part of the day, committee chairman, Di Pitts, took on a hair-raising challenge and braved the shave to raise money for the Friends of North Kigezi Diocese.
You may also want to watch:
Before the fete opened a minute’s silence was held by the mayor of Ramsey, Councillor Doug McIlwain, for those affected by the terrorist attacks in London and Manchester.
The event raised £900 for St Thomas a Becket Church and Ramsey St Mary’s Church.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip