Hundreds of entries for association’s bumper spring show
- Credit: Archant
There were more than 200 entries for this year’s bumper Buckden Gardeners Association Spring Show.
The event took place on Saturday at Buckden Village Hall and saw more than 30 members exhibit, with everything from seasonal flowers, local produce, and crafts on display.
Scores of visitors stopped by to admire the array of items and there was also a garden-themed jumble sale and a plant stall to peruse.
Albert Jackson won the best exhibit award for his flowers, while Bob Wicken won the best narcissus award. The Hambleton Cup was won by Karen Miles and Christine Ridall won the Spurtlow Trophy. James Miles won the Children’s Cup.
The Association Cup was collected by Pam Fraser, and Pam Sear won the Bill Rowlands Shield.
You may also want to watch:
The Morris Trophy was won by Bob Wicken and Pam Fraser collected the President’s Trophy for the most points accrued.
Mrs Fraser, who is association chairman, said: “The spring flowers were excellent this year. The feedback that I had was that people who came to visit were wowed by the display.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Attentions in the village will now turn towards the association’s annual autumn show, which takes place on September 9.
The association meets again on April 18 at Buckden Village Hall, when guest speaker Geoff Hodge will talk about roses, at 8pm. Entry for non-members is £2.