Hundreds attend District Show in Alconbury
- Credit: Archant
VILLAGERS flocked to the Alconbury and District Show at the Memorial Hall, Alconbury, last weekend.
Around 200 people visited on the day to enjoy the displays which included fruit and vegetables, flowers, handicrafts, home produce and photography.
There were also sections for children in which they made potato people and displayed their sunflower heads, while teenagers made coconut ice and showed off their cross stitch.
Other highlights included giant pumpkins, a Halloween-themed flower arrangement, crocheted items, handmade greeting cards and cup cakes.
Visitors also enjoyed a cream tea and entered a raffle, plus winners were announced for each category.
You may also want to watch:
Committee chair Liz Gabriolek said: “The day was a great success, full of good humour and community spirit.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester