‘Humbled’ Ramsey councillor dedicates MBE to the local community
- Credit: Archant
A Ramsey councillor has been recognised for his work in the community and local government in the Queen’s New Years Honours list.
Councillor Peter Reeve has been made an MBE, a Member of the Order of the British Empire, in recognition of his work in the community.
“This is a truly unexpected honour which is incredibly humbling. The award is about community recognition of people that have helped clean the toilets, the grit the pavements and look after our parks – it is for all of those who have bought the community together,” Cllr Reeve said.
“This honour represents not just my strong belief in rolling up your sleeves and making a difference in your own community but it also reflects the hard work and contribution made by all of the volunteers and teams who work along side me, this honour is a recognition of the work they do in making our communities a great place to live, work and play.”
Cllr Reeve, who represents the town on Cambridgeshire County Council, Huntingdonshire District Council and Ramsey Town Council, has been a member of local government since 2009 and has undertaken work on a number of campaigns, including the reopening of public toilets, promoting new business innovation and clean-up campaigns.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being a local councillor, Cllr Reeve has twice been elected as the deputy leader of the independent group of the Local Government Association (LGA), the organisation which represents councils throughout England and Wales. In 2015 Cllr Reeve became a deputy chairman of the LGA.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache