Huge solar farm planned near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a huge solar farm near St Neots have been submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council.
Inazin Power Ltd wants to put up thousands of panels on farmland at Caldecote Manor Farm, off St Neots Road, between the town and Abbotsley.
The 153-acre site is divided between two fields, separated by a bridleway, and would be filled with rows of panels, surrounded by a 2m-high deer fence.
A planning statement with the application says the farm could generate 25 megawatts of electricity a year, enough to power 6,000 average UK households.
The number of panels is not set out but a similar scheme at Abbots Ripton consisted of 102,000.
You may also want to watch:
After 30 years the proposed solar farm would be decommissioned and the land restored.
Putting the panels in place could take about three months.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor