See incredible aerial film footage of huge field fire near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are tackling a major field fire on the edge of St Neots which has led to the closure of a number of roads.
Two crews from St Neots were helping battle the blaze which broke out on land near St Mary’s Church, Wyboston earlier this afternoon.
A large column of grey smoke could be seen over the town and there were also reports that it was visible from as far away as Hail Weston.
People living in the area said on social media that there was a strong smell of smoke and that smoke debris was getting into homes.
Firefighters from Bedfordshire are also believed to be tackling the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The St neots crews were called at 2.13pm and were still at the scene.
Bedfordshire police Tweeted: “There are currently road closures in place as the fire service deal with a field fire near #Wyboston. Roads affected are Staploe Road, The Lane, Roxton Road, Colesden Road and the road between Brook Farm and Staploe Road.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity