House in Earith badly damaged in blaze
- Credit: Archant
A house was badly damaged after a fire broke out in Earith.
Firefighters were called to reports of a blaze at a house in High Street, shortly before 3pm.
The road was closed to traffic while crews worked to tackle the flames.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to the fire in a semi-detached unoccupied property at just before 3pm. We had about 30 firefighters and officers at the incident.”
Crews remained at the scene until shortly after 6pm monitoring the building and cutting away space in the roof to ensure the fire was extinguished.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “All crews left this scene earlier this evening and the road reopened at about 6.30pm - we thank everyone for their patience.
“A fire investigation has determined the cause to be accidental, by electrical.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
There were no reports of any injuries.