House fire broke out in kitchen

stock-photo-27610222691-o-2

- Credit: Archant

A fire broke out in a house in Eaton Socon on Monday.

Fire crews from St Neots were called to a property in Queens Gardens at about 4pm following reports that a fire had broken out in a kitchen.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.”

Both crews returned to their station by 5.15pm.

According to the fire service, the cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter