A fire broke out in a house in Eaton Socon on Monday.

Fire crews from St Neots were called to a property in Queens Gardens at about 4pm following reports that a fire had broken out in a kitchen.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke."

Both crews returned to their station by 5.15pm.

According to the fire service, the cause of the fire was accidental.