Fault with dryer believed to have caused house fire in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A fault with a washer dryer is believed to have caused a house fire in St Neots on Saturday.
Firefighters from Gamlingay, St Neots, Huntingdon and Bedford (Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service) were called to a blaze in Marchioness Way, Eaton Socon, at about 3pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews arrived to find smoke and flames issuing from the ground and first floor of a mid-terraced property, with a well-developed fire across both floors.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters worked in sections using three hose reels and one jet to extinguish the fire, before dampening down.”
All occupants of the house were accounted for, the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
All crews returned to their stations by 6.50pm.
An investigation revealed the cause of the fire to be accidental, caused by a washer dryer.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need