Hospital computer glitch is fixed but officials say A&E remains “extremely busy”
- Credit: Archant
Ambulances are no longer being diverted from Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, after “significant issues” with the computer systems were fixed by technicians.
Officials at Cambridge University Hospitals, which runs Addenbrooke’s, had earlier asked people not to attend A&E today (Tuesday) “unless absolutely necessary”, amid a computer crash.
But, at about 2.15pm, the hospital said the issue had been solved and said ambulances were no longer being diverted, though the A&E department remained “extremely busy”.
At Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, meanwhile, officials said its A&E department was also “extremely busy” and called on residents to consider alternative options, including calling NHS111 for advice, Doddington Minor Injuries Unit, or St Neots walk-in centre.
A spokesman for Cambridge University Hospitals said: “The computer network system at Cambridge University Hospitals is back up and running, although the trust continues to work closely with its suppliers to monitor the situation.
You may also want to watch:
“Ambulances are no longer being diverted to other regional hospitals and we would like to thank our health partners, staff and patients for their support.
“The public is advised that the Accident and Emergency department remains extremely busy and elective surgery is cancelled for the day as the hospital gets back to normal. Outpatients should assume that appointments are going ahead unless advised otherwise.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder