Holocaust memorial day marked by district council
- Credit: Archant
A service was held at Huntingdonshire District Council’s headquarters to mark Holocaust Memorial Day.
HDC chairman Councillor Barbara Boddington was host to about 50 people who attended the ceremony in the Civic Suite last Monday (January 27).
The service was conducted by the Reverend Andrew Milton and among the guests and civic dignitaries was Val Ross, the regional manager of the Anne Frank Trust.
The trust’s Anne Frank + You exhibition started at Ely Cathedral yesterday (Tuesday, February 4) and is on until February 27.
Holocaust Memorial Day, held annually on January 27, the date of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz, remembers the victims of the holocaust and genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Sudan.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For more details about the exhibition, visit www.annefrank.org.uk and click on “news & exhibitions”.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer