Huntingdonshire actress reprises role in popular TV soap opera
- Credit: Archant
Hemingford actress Julie Buckfield – better known as Julia Matthews to soap fans – made a return to TV screens last week.
Julie reprised her role as Julia in long-running Channel 4 show Hollyoaks, where she was in the thick of things again with her old flame Tony Hutchinson, played by Nick Pickard.
Julie appeared in the first episode of Hollyoaks back in 1995. She left in 1997, but made brief returns in 2002 and in 2007. And viewers were delighted to see her back on Wednesday evening (September 19).
Julie lives in Hemingford Grey with her family and has been the lead role in the Cambridge Arts Theatre pantomime for many years. Julie trained at the Sylvia Young Theatre School and at the age of 11, she won the role of Young Eponine in the West End production of Les Miserables.
Julie said “It was lovely to go back after all these years and see the cast, especially Nick Pickard who has always been a good friend.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie first found fame in cult tv show Grange Hill alongside her twin sister Clare Buckfield, who also appeared on TwoPoint4Children and Dancing on Ice.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed