NHS Anniversary: 'Incredibly proud ' of staff at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: HUNTS POST
The Coronavirus pandemic has meant the NHS has been through a year like no other in its history. July 5 marks the 73rd anniversary of the NHS, and Caroline Walker, chief executive of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Hinchingbrooke Hospital, says 'thank you' to staff.
She said: "The coronavirus pandemic resulted in the NHS’ 73rd year being like no other. The past year has been extremely challenging for our staff, patients and local communities.
"Amongst the challenges though, there has been a great deal of hope. Our staff have worked tirelessly and despite their own worries and experiences, they always put patient care first, and for that I am incredibly proud and thankful.
“We are using the 73rd birthday as an opportunity to say a big thank you to those who have supported us during the pandemic. Members of our staff have done precisely this, thanking colleagues, their families and the local community for supporting them during the most difficult of years.”
Read about the history of Huntingdon's old hospitals here
Nationally, hospitals have cared for around 400,000 seriously ill COVID-19 patients, including more than 100,000 admitted in January alone this year, along with millions more.
At the same time, the NHS has rolled out the biggest vaccination programme in health service history; the fastest in Europe.
St Neots man thanks NHS on first anniversary of his double transplant
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 7 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 8 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns