Hinchingbrooke School students equal record A Level pass rate
SIXTH form students at Hinchingbrooke School have equalled their record score in this year’s A Level results.
The Huntingdon school achieved an overall pass rate of 99.7 per cent and an A-C rate of 78 per cent.
Nearly half of the students got A*, A or B grades, with 39 students received A*s.
All four Oxbridge candidates secured the marks needed for their place
Hinchingbrooke’s Cambridge International Examinations Board’s Pre-University examination resultswere also promising with some students gaining D1 distinctions - the equivalent to an A*.
You may also want to watch:
Acting headteacher Di Beddow, said: “These are extraordinary results for the largest state school sixth form in the county.
“The results pay testimony to the professionalism of our teaching staff; the sixth form leadership and tutoring and the hard work and determination of our students. I am delighted with their performance and I wish them every success in their future careers.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers