Hinchingbrooke Maternity Unit prepares for its first ever open day
HINCHINGBROOKE Maternity Unit is to hold its first ever open day.
Members of the public will be able to look around the department on Saturday, October 6 to give them an opportunity to ask questions of the midwifery team and understand what maternity services the hospital has to offer.
“In addition, the unit’s midwife and management team will be on hand to chat through the benefits of choosing Hinchingbrooke for birth,” Suzanne Hamilton, consultant obstetrician in the Labour Ward Team at Hinchingbrooke Hospital said.
“Throughout the course of the day there will be opportunities to take tours of the Hinchingbrooke maternity unit including the midwife-led birthing unit - the Primrose Suite.”
She added: “We are hoping to raise the local awareness of the unit and what we have to offer. Many people don’t seem to realise that Hinchingbrooke has a maternity service and special care facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Maternity Unit has delivered more than 70,000 babies since its opening in 1983, with more than 2,650 babies delivered there in the past year,
Organisers say the event will be well signposted from the main hospital entrance but that those wishing to park close to the event should leave their vehicles in car park 4.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer