Colourful NHS ‘thank you’ painted outside Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A heartfelt message of support for heroic health staff has been painted as road markings outside Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The artwork reading ‘Thank You NHS’ appeared near the site yesterday (April 27) after being painted by highways workers.
The blue and white NHS logo was also drawn alongside a colourful rainbow – the symbol of hope and gratitude adopted by many throughout the Covid-19 crisis.
“Each and every one of you are heroes,” it adds.
In a post on social media, the hospital said it was “a lovely message to greet you on your way to work”.
The image of the artwork has had more than 250 shares online.
One person commented: “Fantastic gesture it shows how much people appreciate the work that you all do.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
It comes as similar markings have been painted outside hospitals across the UK.
The show of appreciation is the latest in paying tribute to those working to reduce the spread of coronavirus.