Hinchingbrooke Hospital named as top for care in England
Hinchingbrooke Hospital has been named as the top in the country for quality of care.
The Huntingdon health care trust won the CHKS Top Hospitals award last Tuesday evening (May 13) ahead of Chelsea and Westminster and Guys and St Thomas’ NHS trusts.
Medical experts picked the winner on 12 indicators including length of stay after treatment, mortality rates, cancer waiting times and patient-reported outcomes.
Dr Hisham Abdel-Rahmen, chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust, said: “We are unique in being co-owned and run by doctors and nurses, so putting our patients first has always been our top priority. That’s why I’m hugely proud that we have been named the best hospital in England for quality of care.
“Over the last two years, our doctors, nurses and staff have worked incredibly hard to transform services and improve the care we provide. This award is great recognition of this transformation and I would like to thank all the staff at Hinchingbrooke for everything they have done to make it possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Jason Harries, Managing Director of CHKS, said: “This year we celebrate our 25th anniversary so it is a fitting occasion to reward excellence in the NHS. Our quality of care award highlights those trusts that clearly share a commitment to driving improvement and engendering a culture of excellence throughout their organisations and it is a credit to the staff at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust that it has won this award.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan