Consultant who helped couple start a family is honoured at hospital trust awards
- Credit: Archant
Hinchingbrooke Hospital consultant obstetrician, Erika Manzo has been recognised for the care she gave to a couple who were unable to conceive naturally.
Erika and colleagues from the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust attended the trust’s Outstanding Achievement Awards on October 12.
Hospital Heroes are chosen by patients and Erika was joined by staff from Peterborough City and Stamford hospitals to celebrate their achievements.
Erika’s prompt action ensured the couple were eligible for NHS-funded IVF treatment and during their first round of IVF they conceived a baby boy and, thanks to Erika’s help, they are now a family.
Bereavement manager, Natasha Evans was highly commended for the support she gave a colleague and their partner when they lost their baby girl.
You may also want to watch:
The colleague who nominated her said they would not have coped during those very dark first few weeks without her.
Rob Hughes, chairman of the trust, said: “Our staff give us reasons to be proud every day and this event helped showcase that fact. It was fantastic to be able to bring all our staff together to say thank you for the great things they do for our patients. “I was particularly pleased to honour our Hinchingbrooke Hospital Heroes. We received lots of nominations for Hinchingbrooke staff and showcased them all on the night.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
“Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate. Some of the stories of the level of care completely blew our judging panel away. I’d particularly like to congratulate Erika and Natasha for their awards, which were richly deserved.”