Hinchingbrooke Hospital head chef clocks up an industry first for the NHS
- Credit: Archant
The head chef at Hinchingbrooke Hospital has won a prestigious award.
Lisa Normanton received the Craft Guild of Chefs Award, the first chef from the NHS to be presented with the honour since it was introduced in 1993.
Lisa, who manages the hospital’s catering team, was commended for her work implementing changes to the catering provision and the health and nutrition strategy for children, patients, staff and visitors.
She said: “It is an honour to be recognised by the Craft Guild of Chefs and I would like to thank the catering team for their continued support and hard work.”
The catering team produce more than 750 meals a day for patients on the wards, the on-site nursery, as well as patients, staff and visitors using the garden restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa added: “All of our meals are cooked from fresh on site using ingredients that are sourced locally.”
John Gallimore, associate director of estates and facilities for the hospital, said: “We are very proud of Lisa and the catering team for their hard work and commitment to ensuring patients, staff and visitors have access to fresh nutritious meals. On behalf of everyone at the trust, I would like to congratulate Lisa on her success.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?