Hilton road sees two crashes in just 48 hours
AN ELDERLY woman was rescued from her car after she left the road and crashed into a ditch on Saturday (January 28) near Hilton.
Fire crews from Huntingdon and Papworth were called to the B1040 between Hilton and the A14 at 7.28pm, after a woman, in her 60s, was trapped in her car when it left the road. They released the woman, who didn’t have any serious injuries, before she was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Firefighters were back at the same road at 7.48am today to release a 25-year-old woman who was also trapped in her car after a crash. The woman was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Arsonists torched netting in the astro-turf playground at the Ernulf Academy, in Barford Road, Eynesbury, on Saturday night. Firefighters from St Neots arrived at 7.25pm and extinguished the fire.
A deliberate fire affecting a large pile of furnishings, some cut trees and fencing, was also started behind Saunders Close, in Huntingdon, yesterday (Sunday) just after 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day, firefighters from Huntingdon were called to a fire at Hinchingbrooke Country Park at 3.15pm where a fire had started in a defective log burner.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or the Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed