High performance car in Huntingdon police pursuit
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH performance car was chased in a police pursuit on Thursday night (August 15).
Officers tried to stop a purple Nissan Skyline GTR on the A141 at Huntingdon at about 10pm but the car kept moving.
The pursuit continued into Huntingdon along Main Street and onto Hartford Road. The car is believed to have travelled around the ring road to Huntingdon Railway Station, where it was found abandoned.
Pc Stuart Appleton said: “The pursuit lasted several minutes and I’m sure other road users will remember seeing the vehicle as it was being driven along the A141.
“We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who saw the vehicle before and after it was abandoned; it had the word ‘drifting’ across the back window.”
A 22-year-old man from Huntingdon was later arrested in connection with the incident. He has been bailed until September 19.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Appleton on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager has plans for 2022
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape