High performance car in Huntingdon police pursuit
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH performance car was chased in a police pursuit on Thursday night (August 15).
Officers tried to stop a purple Nissan Skyline GTR on the A141 at Huntingdon at about 10pm but the car kept moving.
The pursuit continued into Huntingdon along Main Street and onto Hartford Road. The car is believed to have travelled around the ring road to Huntingdon Railway Station, where it was found abandoned.
Pc Stuart Appleton said: “The pursuit lasted several minutes and I’m sure other road users will remember seeing the vehicle as it was being driven along the A141.
“We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who saw the vehicle before and after it was abandoned; it had the word ‘drifting’ across the back window.”
You may also want to watch:
A 22-year-old man from Huntingdon was later arrested in connection with the incident. He has been bailed until September 19.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Appleton on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan