Herrings Green Activity Farm urgently needs donations from the public
- Credit: Archant
It costs £800-£1,000 a day to feed and care for the animals at the centre which attracts visitors from across the area.
A farm and bird of prey centre is appealing for donations to help feed the animals and birds in its care.
Herrings Green Activity Farm and Bird of Prey Centre needs to raise funds as like other wildlife outlets it has lost its income from visitor admission funds.
The farm, in Bedfordshire that attracts visitors from all over the area, has 200 birds of prey and animals at the farm, all requiring different types of diets and levels of care.
It costs between £800-£1,000 a day to feed and care for all of them and with more babies due over the next few months food bills will increase.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Atkinson, a partner at the centre says they desperately need help from the public for donations, which keep the animals fed and housed.
Emma Atkinson said: “We desperately need to help from the British public, any donations received will not only keep the animals fed but also housed.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“Like all businesses we are facing very difficult times, while our gates remain closed the future of our birds, animals and Herrings Green Farm is looking very bleak.
“We don’t own the site, we rent it and the animals are continuing to breed which means more animals are being born and therefore more animals to house and feed.
You can donate at: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/herringsgreenfarmandbirdofpreycentre
There is also an amazon wish list that has been set up for more information visit: www.birdsofpreycentre.co.uk