Henry is pretty in pink for Huntingdon charity walk
CARING colleagues of a breast cancer patient have raised more than �600 for charity in her honour.
Sue Nunn’s workmates at Hales Healthcare walked through Huntingdon last week dressed in pink fancy dress to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Also joining them was Henry the dog who became Henrietta in a pink tutu for the occasion.
In a four-mile round trip via Sainsbury’s in the town centre and Tesco on the outskirts of Huntingdon, the team of 17 managed to collect �650.
Huntingdon branch manager of the recruitment company in High Street, Lorraine Prangnell, organised the event with help from co-ordinator Jodie Andrews.
Jodie said: “Ten branches took part and our aim was to raise �1,000 in total – but we actually raised more than �3,630. We will definitely do more sponsored events but not a walk – it killed me! I will be happy to do a four-hour sponsored silence but not another walk.”
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named