Henry is pretty in pink for Huntingdon charity walk
CARING colleagues of a breast cancer patient have raised more than �600 for charity in her honour.
Sue Nunn’s workmates at Hales Healthcare walked through Huntingdon last week dressed in pink fancy dress to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Also joining them was Henry the dog who became Henrietta in a pink tutu for the occasion.
In a four-mile round trip via Sainsbury’s in the town centre and Tesco on the outskirts of Huntingdon, the team of 17 managed to collect �650.
Huntingdon branch manager of the recruitment company in High Street, Lorraine Prangnell, organised the event with help from co-ordinator Jodie Andrews.
You may also want to watch:
Jodie said: “Ten branches took part and our aim was to raise �1,000 in total – but we actually raised more than �3,630. We will definitely do more sponsored events but not a walk – it killed me! I will be happy to do a four-hour sponsored silence but not another walk.”
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out