Hemingford Grey girl becomes Boden model
- Credit: Archant
Modelling the clothes of a top fashion label is a dream many a young girl holds dear.
For seven-year-old Holly Greenhow, of Hemingford Grey, the dream has become a reality – it is one that mum Fiona thought her daughter would never realise.
Holly has Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, which means she cannot talk or walk, a condition caused by a prolonged loss of oxygen at birth, Mrs Greenhow told The Hunts Post.
Mrs Greenhow contacted Boden following a suggestion by her mother. “She said to me that Holly loves pretty clothes and particularly liked to wear those designed by Boden, so why didn’t I contact them about a modelling opportunity.
“Holly has such a beautiful smile and modelling is not all about being perfect. Therefore why shouldn’t she be considered, we thought. We contacted Boden and they then invited Holly along for a casting. Following this she went for the shoot and is now being featured in the Boden online Meet and Greet mini campaign.
“The page looks lovely. Holly has so many things against her and as her mother I just wanted her to be able to do something that any child could or would love to do, given the chance.”
Zena Botha, Boden’s studio shoot and model manager, said: “We are always happy to invite our Mini Boden fans along to model castings and we were delighted that Holly made the cut. Holly was charming and we’re very pleased with the shoot, which is live now on www.boden.co.uk.”
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
A pupil at Hartford Junior School, Holly is starting to communicate through a system called eye gaze which uses a special computer to aid communication.
blob par: To view Holly’s page on the Boden website go to www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/magazine/features/mini-meet-and-greet.html#main
Click anywhere on the feature, then on ‘Holly says Hi’
Holly with parents Fiona and Paul and brother Oliver, 10, at their home in Hemingford Grey. Picture: HELEN DRAKE
Holly’s Meet and Greet page on the Boden website.
One of Holly’s photos from the Boden shoot.