Hemingford Grey girl becomes Boden model
- Credit: Archant
Modelling the clothes of a top fashion label is a dream many a young girl holds dear.
For seven-year-old Holly Greenhow, of Hemingford Grey, the dream has become a reality – it is one that mum Fiona thought her daughter would never realise.
Holly has Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, which means she cannot talk or walk, a condition caused by a prolonged loss of oxygen at birth, Mrs Greenhow told The Hunts Post.
Mrs Greenhow contacted Boden following a suggestion by her mother. “She said to me that Holly loves pretty clothes and particularly liked to wear those designed by Boden, so why didn’t I contact them about a modelling opportunity.
“Holly has such a beautiful smile and modelling is not all about being perfect. Therefore why shouldn’t she be considered, we thought. We contacted Boden and they then invited Holly along for a casting. Following this she went for the shoot and is now being featured in the Boden online Meet and Greet mini campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“The page looks lovely. Holly has so many things against her and as her mother I just wanted her to be able to do something that any child could or would love to do, given the chance.”
Zena Botha, Boden’s studio shoot and model manager, said: “We are always happy to invite our Mini Boden fans along to model castings and we were delighted that Holly made the cut. Holly was charming and we’re very pleased with the shoot, which is live now on www.boden.co.uk.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
A pupil at Hartford Junior School, Holly is starting to communicate through a system called eye gaze which uses a special computer to aid communication.
blob par: To view Holly’s page on the Boden website go to www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/magazine/features/mini-meet-and-greet.html#main
Click anywhere on the feature, then on ‘Holly says Hi’
Holly with parents Fiona and Paul and brother Oliver, 10, at their home in Hemingford Grey. Picture: HELEN DRAKE
Holly’s Meet and Greet page on the Boden website.
One of Holly’s photos from the Boden shoot.