Hemingford Abbots in Times top 10 for East of England
- Credit: Archant
THE picturesque Huntingdonshire village of Hemingford Abbots is one of the 10 most desirable places to live in the east of England – according to the Sunday Times.
Hemingford Abbots features on the shortlist of the Times Best Places to Live List – the winner of which will be announced in this week’s Sunday Times.
This special edition will also include the top ten places to live in nine regions of the country based on criteria such as transports links, natural beauty, low crime rate, property prices, good schools and unemployment figures.
Hemingford Abbots will feature in the top 10 in the East of England with dwellers citing the village’s natural beauty and friendly atmosphere as among its unique attributes.
Emma Tester is landlady at the Axe and Compass, a 500-year-old pub at the very heart of the village.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Tester said: “It’s a quintessential English village, it’s unspoilt.
“We get tourists who come here for the day as well as walking groups and lots of people coming to the pub for lunch.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal