Help raise charity cash to see Huntingdon MP soaked in ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
We are offering the chance to see one of Huntingdonshire’s politicians soaked with icy cold water – but there is a price to pay.
The ice bucket challenge has already raised millions for charity and now Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly has been nominated to get involved in the charity craze that has swept across the internet.
Having been nominated by his staff for the challenge, Mr Djanogly has chosen to use the drenching to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MND) and has asked Hunts Post readers to make a donation to this worthy cause.
The 49-year-old MP hopes to raise £250 before he goes under the bucket, which is scheduled for September 29 (Monday).
He said: “It’s a good cause and having been issued the challenge, I think I have little choice in the matter.”
Mr Djanogly added that he has not yet thought about what he will wear on the day, but would welcome suggestions.
Staff members will have the honour of pouring ice cold water over Mr Djanogly once the £250 target has been hit.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
The money raised for MND will go towards promoting research and improving quality of life for people living with the incurable condition.
INFORMATION: A video of the challenge will be available at www.huntspost.co.uk. To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/JonathanDjanogly.