Covid-19 vaccination centre to reopen amid rise in Omicron cases
- Credit: FENLAND GROUP PRACTICE
One of the country's most successful Covid-19 vaccination centres is to reopen in Fenland amid a rise in Omicron cases.
Doddington Vaccination Centre - which closed at the end of November, having administered nearly 100,000 jabs since January - will be offering booster jabs starting from December 18-24.
"Well, things certainly change quickly, never a dull moment," said the leader of the vaccination centre.
"Just as we shut up shop and planned to rest over Christmas, another tsunami of covid infections sweeps into our country.
"As ever, our team is gearing up to do the near impossible.
"As we speak my team is making all the arrangements necessary."
The clinics will all be bookable through the National Booking System website and 119, not through surgeries.
The team leader added that the gap between second and third doses has been reduced to 90 days.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 8 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
"If anyone is in any doubt about the necessity of this, the covid infection rates are very high," they added.
"And the Omicron variant is a massive threat if you have only had two doses.
"A booster dose gives a huge boost to your protection.
"So stay Safe, keep your distance, wear a mask and GET VACCINATED."