Hay stack fire believed to have been started deliberately
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched following an arson attack in Hemingford Grey.
Firefighters were called out to the stack fire in Meadow Lane, at about 7.18pm on July 16.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews arrived to find a trailer and hay on fire. Firefighters used one hose reel and one jet to extinguish the fire before returning to their station by 11pm.
"The cause of the fire was deliberate."
The police have confirmed an investigation is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "The fire is believed to have been started deliberately. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 35/50851/19."
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home