Hay stack fire believed to have been started accidentally

The fire service has said that the fire was an accident.

The fire service has said that the fire was an accident. - Credit: Archant

A hay stack fire that happened yesterday evening is believed to have been started accidentally, the fire service has said.

Yesterday at 10.43pm, one crew from Papworth and one crew from St Neots were called to a fire in the open on Croxton Road, Toseland.

Crews arrived to find six bales of straw well alight in a stubble field.

Firefighters used beaters and hose reels to extinguish the fire, before returning to their stations by 12.45am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter