Hartford school win quiz challenge
- Credit: Hartford
Hartford Junior School has won the Huntingdon Primary Schools General Knowledge Quiz, organised by Huntingdon Rotary Club.
The Year 6 pupils were challenged to answer 150 general knowledge questions, in three 15-minute rounds.
The quizmasters are all members of the Rotary Club of Huntingdon and the club donates £50 to each school for taking part.
This year,10 primary schools took part and Hartford won for the second successive year.
Rotarian Barbara Cobham, who organises the quiz on behalf of Huntingdon Rotary Club, said: “We are delighted that so many schools wanted to take part and every year we are amazed at the breadth of general knowledge shown by the pupils.
“We hope to offer this activity again next year.”
The Rotary Club in Huntingdon has 19 founder members, who say they are all very proud of Ken Beaton, who remained a valued member of the club for more than 60 years.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'