Happy ending for Huntingdon tumble dryer cat
THE cruel pet owner who filmed himself putting his cat in a tumble dryer took it to Wood Green after its harrowing ordeal.
Princess’s nightmare made national headlines after The Hunts Post broke the story last week.
We reported how a horrified member of a web forum for radio-controlled car enthusiasts contacted The Hunts Post with the shocking footage, which was passed on to the RSPCA.
Thankfully, there has been a happy ending for the tortured tabby.
Staff at Wood Green have renamed her Fiesta and she has already been reserved by a family desperate to give her a loving home where she will be cared for and properly looked after.
Manager of cat welfare at Wood Green, Juliette Jones, said: “Fiesta, as she has been renamed by staff, was brought to Wood Green as a stray by a gentleman one night last week. She is a little shy and wary of people she first meets but has a sweet, quiet nature and once you gain her trust she is very loving.
“We are delighted to say that she has been reserved and will be going to live with a new family soon.”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
A spokesman for the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA is shocked by this footage. We are now investigating and are unable to comment further at this stage.
“If anyone witnesses any cruelty to animals, whether online or in person, they are urged to contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
“Two people have been interviewed in connection with this incident.”