Half marathon event was the “perfect moment” to get down on one knee and propose
- Credit: Archant
A local radio station managed to capture the moment when two marathon runners decided to proposed at a running event.
Black Cat 107 was at the St Neots Half Marathon on November 26 and while presenters Phil Lack and Daniel ‘Dare Devil’ Silson were talking to runners after the event, two of them proposed live on air.
Stuart Bland and Hellen Jepson, who live in Earith are now engaged to be married and looking to buy a house in Abbotsley.
They told Black Cat: “We’ve been together since August 2015. Stuart is originally from Dorset so it was only by chance that I actually met him. He was living in Salisbury when we met and used to drive three hours every weekend just to see me.”
Kate Allan and Steve Hughes, from St Neots, were close to the finish line where Steve proposed.
“We have been together just over two years and are planning to get married on our anniversary next October,” Kate told the radio station.”We had the ring made in Paris when we were there a few weeks ago, so I was just waiting for him to choose his moment and he chose it perfectly.”
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 9 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 10 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages