Hail Weston: Wheel stealing thieves get four months behind bars
A TIP-OFF from a member of the public has led to two men being jailed for breaking into a garage and stealing a car wheel.
Liam West, 25, and Michael Murphy, 19, both from Luton, were sentenced to four months behind bars at Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (March 9).
They had pleaded guilty to non-dwelling burglary and theft from a motor vehicle at a previous hearing.
The court heard how West, of Baker Street, and Murphy, of Abigail Court, stole wooden blocks from a house in Newtown, Hail Weston on June 25 last year at 3am.
They then used the wooden blocks to support the car after they stole the wheel from outside a nearby property.
Police were called by a member of public who gave a description of the car they were using. The car was later stopped and both men were arrested.
DC Andy Macdonald said: “This case really highlights the importance of reporting crime. Often crime is not reported because victims feel there is no chance of catching the offenders.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
“Burglary is taken very seriously by police and the courts.”