Hail Weston: Wheel stealing thieves get four months behind bars
A TIP-OFF from a member of the public has led to two men being jailed for breaking into a garage and stealing a car wheel.
Liam West, 25, and Michael Murphy, 19, both from Luton, were sentenced to four months behind bars at Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (March 9).
They had pleaded guilty to non-dwelling burglary and theft from a motor vehicle at a previous hearing.
The court heard how West, of Baker Street, and Murphy, of Abigail Court, stole wooden blocks from a house in Newtown, Hail Weston on June 25 last year at 3am.
They then used the wooden blocks to support the car after they stole the wheel from outside a nearby property.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by a member of public who gave a description of the car they were using. The car was later stopped and both men were arrested.
DC Andy Macdonald said: “This case really highlights the importance of reporting crime. Often crime is not reported because victims feel there is no chance of catching the offenders.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“Burglary is taken very seriously by police and the courts.”