Gwen turns her passion into pounds after raising money for the Macmillan centre
- Credit: Archant
After battling cancer more than a decade ago a card maker has used her passion to donate vital funds to the Macmillan Woodlands Centre.
Gwen King, of Priory Grove, in Huntingdon, set up her business Gwenda Cards, 14 years ago and has been giving her profits to charitable causes ever since.
“This year I decided to donate the money to the Woodlands Centre and the Friends of Hinchingbrooke Hospital as they helped me when I was going through breast cancer,” said Mrs King.
Last week, the 71-year-old presented a cheque for £1,000 to representatives from the Woodlands Centre.
“It is lovely to be able to do something to help the centre as it is, and Hinchingbrooke Hospital, are such worthwhile causes.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs King also makes tartan broaches and along with her daughter, who crafts jewellery, they have a stall at the hospital.
A cheque for £500 was also presented to the Friends of Hinchingbrooke Hospital group.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k