Investigation launched after guided bus “came off tracks and landed in a field”
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed they were called to an incident on the guided busway this morning after reports that a bus had come off the tracks and landed in a field.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said officers were called to Station Road, Longstanton, at about 9.25am after reports that a bus had "come off the track and gone through a hedge into a field".
The spokesman said the driver had suffered minor injuries but added that all passengers had left the bus by the time officers arrived, with no further injuries reported.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 9.16am with reports of a collision in Station Road, Longstanton. We sent one ambulance, which is still at the scene."
The spokesman said one person was being treated for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Stagecoach East, which is responsible for the buses, said: "We can confirm that one of our vehicles was involved in an incident on the busway track at Longstanton parkand-ride this morning. There have been no injuries to any passengers. Safety is our absolute priority and we will be carrying out an investigation into the circumstances of the incident."
Cambridgeshire County Council are responsible for the track and a spokesperson told the Hunts Post: "We're aware of the incident on the Guided Busway at Longstanton this morning (Thursday). We are on site and working with Stagecoach and the police to find out what happened.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
"A short section of the Busway, between the Park & Ride site and the B1050 junction, is closed to buses and a diversion is in place. Bus timings should not be affected by the closure."