Gubbio mayor believes link with Huntingdon will strengthen education, business and tourism
- Credit: Archant
ITALIAN mayor Diego Guerrini wants the five twin towns to strengthen business, education and tourism links.
Mr Guerrini told The Hunts Post: “Now we have signed, the important thing for the towns is to work together to develop deep roots with the European community.
“Hopefully, it won’t take too long to get to that point. We have a deal that can make our community open up to England.
“This opportunity allows us to exchange in levels of culture, European community and European spirit.
“It will benefit our towns specifically in economic, education and tourism terms.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Guerrini said the schools in the 33,000-strong community in Gubbio, which covers 525sqkm, have started working on a project to promote EU citizenship.
He said: “Our schools will link, which will help students get to know Europe and, in particular, Gubbio, which will end in people becoming good EU citizens.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester