Group rescued from back of lorry in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested after police rescued ten people from the back of a lorry this afternoon.
Police were called just after 2.20pm today (Tuesday) to reports of concerns for a group of 10 people travelling westbound in a lorry on the A14.
Officers stopped the vehicle at the Shell garage in Godmanchester.
Ambulance crews attended and those within the lorry have been taken to hospital, but no one is thought to be seriously injured.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: "Two people have been arrested - one on suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration and the other for suspected firearms offences. Immigration services have been notified. Enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
It is believed to be the third such incident of people being rescued from the backs of lorries travelling on the A14 in Huntingdonshire in the last month.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity