Greggs to reopen 800 stores this week - but Huntingdonshire will have to wait until July
- Credit: PA
Greggs will reopen around 800 stores from Thursday (June 18) - but sausage roll seekers in Huntingdonshire will have to wait until early July.
Popular stores in Huntingdon High Street, Market Square St Neots and St Ives are not on the reopening list issued by the chain this week.
The nearest Greggs to get a takeaway fix will be at the MFG Huntingdon site in March Road, Hartford.
Bosses aim to open 1000 stores by “early July”.
The new-look stores will have floor markings, protective clothes for staff and screens at counters among several measures to protect against coronavirus spreading.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a reduced menu to ensure social distancing in kitchens and workspaces.
Greggs had been allowed to stay open throughout the lockdown, offering takeaway and delivery services.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
But bosses declined, saying it felt remaining open would compromise the safety of its employees.
To view the full list of stores to reopen this week, visit: https://www.greggs.co.uk/coronavirus