Bakery chain submits plans for new branch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
High Street bakery chain, Greggs has submitted plans for a new outlet in Huntingdon.
The firm, which has more than 1,700 outlets across the UK, has applied to Huntingdonshire District Council for permission to install air conditioning and extractor equipment in a pod unit at the Bridge Centre, in St Peter’s Road.
The firm already has a branch in Huntingdon’s High Street as well as others at Brampton Hut services, St Ives, and St Neots.
Huntingdon Town Council considered the plans last Thursday and raised no objection, recommending the development for approval.
The district council has already approved a separate application from Greggs to erect new signage at the pod unit, which is located opposite St Peter’s School.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on plans for the air conditioning and other equipment is expected within the coming weeks. To view the plans, log on to www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k