Green is the colour for fundraiser Aaron
- Credit: Archant
Fundraiser Aaron Green lived up to his name when he raised more than £1,000 for the Wood Green animals charity - by having his hair dyed green.
Aaron, 21, from Godmanchester, held a hair-colouring challenge, selling off the right to choose his hair colour to the highest bidder.
The highest single bid was £25 and the winner chose green.
Aaron, who works at the Godmanchester Co-op, raised a total of £1,049.04 for the animal charity which relies on donations to look after the animals in its care.
He advertised the event at the Co-op and at Barnetts Hair Company in Ramsey, where the final hair colouring event took place, for two months.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron’s family are long-term supporters of the Godmanchester-based Wood Green and he enjoys raising money for charity, having previously taken part in a fundraising skydive.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school